Bruce and Patty’s South Africa, Uganda and Kenya Safari
Bruce & Patty first travelled with us 5 years ago on a Wilderness Dawning camping safari. This time around they wanted to return to some of their favorite camps on a self-driving safari in Kruger National Park.
They also planned their own visit to Uganda for Gorilla-tracking, and we wrapped their month-long safari up with a few days camping in Kenya.
Here are their top 7 moments…
1. Having herds of 50+ elephants move toward and around us, all the while behaving as only elephant ‘families’ can. (Amboseli / Selenkay & Pafuri)
2. Watching 8 rhinos frolic in the mud. (Umlani / Timbavati)
3. Baby cats: nursing leopard cub, leopard cub playing ‘kitten’ with mom, cheetah mom w/ 5 cubs, dozens of lion juveniles from 4 to 18 months (Timbavati, Masai Mara, Amboseli).
4. Being chased (twice) by a cranky mother elephant. (Nottons / Sabi Sands)
5. Being charged by a surprised hippo (Queen Elizabeth Park).
6. Surrounded by chimps who rise to yell, call, false charge, and beat the fig trees (before just as abruptly quieting down). (Kibale Chimp Habituation).
7. Having a gorilla swat at Patty who dared to move a view obstructing branch. (Bwindi)
Thanks to Bruce & Patty for sharing these exciting safari moments and for the opportunity to plan their second safari with Next Adventure.