Travelers - Solo
Style - Adventurous
Destinations - Namibia
Accommodations - Bush Camp, Under Canvas, Safari Lodge, Fly Camping
Budget - around $15,000 per person
Duration - 14+ nights
Month - July
Gateway - Windhoek
It’s been a real honor to work on this trip. A solo woman traveler was looking for a deep dive into Namibia’s iconic destinations, and she wanted to experience the vast landscapes on foot and by driving some of the segments herself.
We explored a number of options, weaving our way through limited availability, and we ended up combining a small group departure that takes in the highlights with a self-drive extension through Namibia’s southern circuit.
Itinerary in Brief
Please note: This itinerary was custom designed around specific parameters and personal preferences. Get in touch to find out what we would recommend for you.
- July 3: Arrive Windhoek International Airport, transfer to Villa Vista for 1 night on a bed & breakfast basis
- July 4: Begin “Namibia Under Canvas Safari“: Drive to Onguma Tree Tops for 3 nights on a fully inclusive basis
- July 5-6: Two full days for game drives in Etosha National Park
- July 7: Continue overland to Huab Under Canvas for 3 nights on a fully inclusive basis
- July 8-9: Two full days for game drives and activities in Damaraland
- July 10: Drive south to Swakopmund for 1 night at Desert Breeze Lodge on a fully inclusive basis
- July 11: Continue south to Sossus Under Canvas for 2 nights on a fully inclusive basis
- July 12: Full day to explore the iconic Sossusvlei dunes
- July 13: Begin your self-drive safari, drive to Tok Tokkie Trails for 2 nights on a fully inclusive basis
- July 14: Full day on the Tok Tokkie Trail
- July 15: Drive to Wolwedans Dune Lodge for 2 nights on a fully inclusive basis
- July 16: Full day to explore NamibRand Nature Reserve on activities as offered by Wolwedans Dune Lodge
- July 17: Drive south to Luderitz for 2 nights at the Luderitz Nest Hotel on a bed & breakfast basis
- July 18: You have the full day to explore the Luderitz area and Kolmanskop Ghost Town
- July 19: After breakfast, drive to Fish River Lodge for 2 nights on a dinner, bed & breakfast basis
- July 20: Spend today exploring the Fish River Canyon area
- July 21: Drive north to Teufelskrallen Tented Lodge for 1 night on a dinner, bed & breakfast basis.
- July 22: Drive back to Windhoek International Airport drop-off the rental car before your departure
Maps & Videos