Glenn & Karen’s South African Anniversary Safari
Glenn & Karen have done a number of trips with Next Adventure, but their most recent anniversary safari was very special. We selected camps that provide outstanding guiding and unique wildlife sightings along with truly romantic touches.
As safari veterans (we have been to Africa over 20 times), we are always looking for the unusual sightings and animals that we have not seen before. We always turn to Kili to design a customized itinerary for us. Mission accomplished on our 2015 trip to South Africa for our 42nd wedding anniversary, as we saw some rare nocturnal animals like the Brown Hyena and the Aardwolf. We had great sightings of the big cats, rhinos, and wonderful wild dog puppies too! This trip was one of the highlights of our career. –Glenn H.
Glenn is an avid wildlife photographer, and he captured some amazing moments. I mean, who gets a picture of an Elephant Shrew and an Aardwolf and a tiny Wild Dog pup and a nursing rhino!?!
Itinerary in Brief
- Day 1 Arrive JNB, Transfer to Madikwe Reserve, Madikwe Safari Lodge – Dithaba (3 nights)
- Day 2-3 Game viewing activities from Madikwe Safari Lodge
- Day 4 Transfer to Marakele National Park, Marataba Safari Lodge (3 nights)
- Day 5-6 Game viewing activities from Marataba Safari Lodge
- Day 7 Transfer to JNB, Fly to Skukuza, Transfer to Sabi Sands, Sabi Sabi Selati (3 nights)
- Day 8-9 Game viewing activities from Sabi Sabi Selati
- Day 10 Transfer to Nelspruit, Fly to Port Elizabeth via JNB, Transfer to Kwandwe Ecca Lodge (3 nights)
- Day 11-12 Game viewing activities from Kwandwe Ecca Lodge
- Day 13 Transfer to Port Elizabeth Airport, Fly to JNB for international departure
Great shots, Glenn, and Happy Anniversary!